abide




I made these plaster houses and small wire house as part of my Masters folio.
They sit on top of my book case. I was very happy with these 3 works, they are very simple and unadorned, but if you look closely you can see traces of stitching - doorways and windows, that were sewn into the form that I cast the plaster in to.(Again, they are hard to photograph).


 


This small wire structure holds amulets made from copper, coral, paua shell and mother of pearl.


 




 




 


Not only our memories, but the things we have forgotten are 'housed'. Our soul is an abode. And by remembering  'houses' and 'rooms', we learn to abide within ourselves. Now everything becomes clear, the house images moves in both directions: they are in us as much as we are in them...

                                                                                                       Gaston Bachelard The Poetics of Space





At the door of the house who will come knocking?
An open door, we enter
A closed door, a den
The world pulse beats beyond my door.

Pierre Albert Birot  Les Amusements Naturels




.