more sketchbook images

One of the reasons that I wanted to go to Paris was to see the Musee Quai Branly. Unfortunately I do not have any photos, only quick sketches of things that I saw there. The museum was designed by Jean Nouvel, but I hardly looked at the building as I was so interested in the collection, I had trouble focusing on anything else.







While I was there, there was a temporary exhibition on called Upside Down - Les Arctiques, perhaps one of the most beautiful exhibits I have ever seen. You can see some images here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dalbera/2950550740/. I am new to flickr and all of this but there are some good images of the museum and it's collection at this site.





This image is the front of an invitation to an exhibition I saw by Thomas Grunfeld. I found his work really interesting, all made from felt. From a distance the works( which were really large) looked like paintings, but when you went up close they were beautifully cut from felt.





The last two sketches were made at the museum, Guimet Musee Des Arts Asiatiques.