gratitude



there is much at the moment I am thankful for
this includes many people in my life


I have almost finished this body of work that has been a long time in the making

making this work has also made me realise how much I love working with metal, and then paper and paint. The two sit equally together for me.

I spent a period of time last year questioning whether this creative life was really for me. But these forms that I had started called me back to making, and I don't think now that I could stop even if I tried.

I would like to thank Ramona Barry who instigated this exhibition finding a home after I lost representation and my solo show with Dickerson gallery.
Ramona has been an incredible support to me and she is opening my exhibition.

I would also like to thank Bec Jobson and Nella Themelios for supporting this work to be exhibited at Craft Victoria.

I would like to thank David Searle at NMIT and Mark Edgoose at RMIT for allowing me access to the studios at both institutions.
A change in scale requires different tools and my workshop caters for jewellery scale.

Then there is:
Grattan, Ellen, Cheryl and Mandy et al
Gemma, Stacey, Liz, Jacqui, Michael, Robyn, Anna D, Nick, Belinda, that are part of my daily life, among many others.

Carmelo Ortuso is my graphic designer and I trust him wholeheartedly with my work. He is also very dear to me.

Most of all I thank Anna Clynes, who has assisted me on these objects when I have needed a second pair of hands. I can not thank her enough for her support.