ordinary objects




I have just finished teaching a summer school at RMIT.
This is a quote that I use in one of the projects that I set. I keep going back to it.

“I suppose I am interested above all in investigating the golden ability of the artist to achieve a metamorphosis of quite ordinary things into something wonderful and extraordinary that is neither nonsensical nor morally edifying… the sublime of everyday life. I seek to stress all that is wonderful or ambiguous in the most ordinary objects. I try to subject these objects, which are basic materials…to more than one metamorphosis”     
                                                                                                                Eduardo Paolozzi


Apologies for slow correspondence, I am still catching up on things, from last year! my move and 2013 work.