Theatre of the World

Last week I went to Hobart to visit Mona, something I have wanted to do for a long time.
I was surprised by how much I loved this gallery, and more specifically, the excellent exhibition, Theatre of the World, curated by Jean-Hubert Martin.
Last year was busy, running between many jobs and experiences.
At the end of the year, I realised that I had emptied out, an experience I am not familiar with. It almost felt as if I had come to the end of a 20 year experience of learning.
Now it is time to fill up with new learning. So to start again with new thoughts and experiences. I feel this is essential for a life of making. The work greatly benefits from it.
This exhibition greatly inspired me, it made my fingers itch, something that happens when I want to make something new.
I was reminded of travelling to Paris to specifically see the Musee du Quai Branly, and being exposed to not only excellent work, but also to a brilliant curator/s.
The following snaps were quickly taken to remind me of what I was looking at, and are a very small part of what I saw.



























This work was not part of Theatre of the World, but part of the permanent exhibition.
Thank you Mona ( and Kyla and Carmelo).
Thank you to Ramona for walking Milly.