Rue Yvonne Le Tac ring with Ceylon sapphires



9ct white gold Rue Yvonne Le Tac ring set with natural Ceylon sapphires.

It took me quite a while to source all these stones.
With stones, they are grouped together according to colour, cuts and treatments. Some stones fall outside of these groupings in that the colours are a little unusual as they are natural, untreated stones, or the cuts can vary.
These are the stones that interest me most.
They also require more work, as you have to go through parcels and select the ones that are of interest. And you have to wait until the right stones are available. So I think this ring took about 3 months to make, in that I slowly collected the stones, and when I had the set I made the ring.
I wanted all the stones to be different.
When you put the same colours together it is less likely that you will concentrate on an individual. These hues vary as I was hoping that by doing so, the eye will look at all individually, so it requires a bit more work on the viewers part and that I feel is a more rewarding experience.
It also highlights that the stones are natural, not manufactured and that they are precious because of this as much as market value.






The colours change with the light source.



This ring is at e.g.etal