March


February was a very big month for me. I am slowly getting back to the swing of things. It has taken me a little longer than expected.
I have new sterling silver studs that will be going up on my online store in the next week.
I am working on new designs as well as artwork.
This is what I am looking at, at the moment. Trying to understand objects and things.
I have an intern, who is not a jeweller, she is studying Arts/Law. We will be exploring some projects together in this space.
On her recommendation, I have been reading Susan Sontag's Against Interpretation.
Reading often is for me a visual experience. So, I am going back to words to help me with my images.

Content is a glimpse of something, an encounter like a flash. It's very tiny - very tiny, content.
                                                                                             WILLEM DE KOONING, in an interview

It is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances. The mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.
                                                                                                                                                                         OSCAR WILDE, in a letter

The earliest experience of art must have been that it was incantatory, magical: art was an instrument of ritual. (Cf. the paintings in the caves at Lascaux, Altamira, Niaux, La Pasiega, etc.) The earliest theory of art, that of the Greek philosophers, proposed that art was mimesis, imitation of reality…
                                                                                                                                                SUSAN SONTAG, Against Interpretaion